- Planning, design, and permitting of potable water transmission mains, pumping stations, treatment facilities, water storage tanks, and other distribution systems
- Planning, design, and permitting of stormwater drainage systems, such as sewers, culverts, detention basins, infiltration basins, and underground storage tanks, as well as EPA Best Management Practices (BMPs), such as bioswales and rain gardens
- Planning, design, and permitting of sanitary sewers, pumping stations, and treatment facilities
- Planning, design, and permitting for residential, commercial, and industrial developments. Typical design elements include site layout and ancillary structures, roads and parking areas, stormwater drainage and detention, sanitary sewers and pumping stations, lighting, sidewalks and paths, and other utilities.
Highways & Roads
Haas & Associates is pre-certified with INDOT (Indiana Department of Transportation).
- Planning, design, and permitting of roads, streets, and highways. Typical design elements may include resurfacing or complete reconstruction with improved horizontal and vertical alignment, wider intersections, safety improvements, curbs and gutters, sidewalks, bike paths and lanes, pavement markings, driveway aprons, ADA accessible ramps, ancillary drainage improvements, retaining walls, and utility relocations.
Sports & Recreation Facilities
Our award-winning park design services can best be exemplified by Patriot Park in Michigan City, Indiana. Recipient of the National Softball Association 2001 Outstanding Park Award, Patriot Park is a $1.94 million park on 120 acres. It features four lighted ball fields, a concession/service building, a lighted soccer field, walking paths, shelters and ADA accessible parking.
- Planning and design of facilities for baseball, softball, football, soccer, and track and field. Typical design elements include stormwater drainage sewers and detention basins, roads, parking lots, on-site water wells for drinking and field irrigation, septic systems, running tracks, press boxes, concession stand/restroom facilities, child play areas, walking trails, picnic shelters, and other ancillary structures and amenities.
- Typical elements include producing bid documents and contracts, cost estimation, tendering bids, bid meetings and evaluation, contract administration, change orders, review pay requests, and inspection.
- Construction staking also offered.
Alternatives Analysis, Feasibility Studies, and Master Plans
- Develop Preliminary Engineering Reports (as defined by the Indiana Department of Environmental Management) necessary for the procurement of State Revolving Fund financing.
- Complete feasibility studies of new municipal water resource, sanitary, or other facilities, including alternatives investigation, design feasibility, cost assessments, environmental investigation, and more. These reports allow municipalities to investigate the practicality of potential projects so capital can be used efficiently.
- Develop master plans for municipal utilities facilities and systems, as well as parks and other municipal systems.
Structural Analysis & Design
- Inspection and condition and strength assessment of existing structural systems, such as roofs, floors, walls, retaining walls, and foundations constructed of steel, wood, glued laminated timber, reinforced concrete, and reinforced concrete blocks and bricks.
- Design of retrofit solution for failing systems and of replacement solutions for failed systems.
- Design of new structural facilities, such as single story buildings, homes, and more.
- Provide hard-copy and digital topographic representation of existing topography, including terrain, vegetation and improvements, such as driveways, sidewalks, roads, concrete pads, utilities, and more.
- Surveys can be completed with reference to standard geodetic vertical and horizontal datums, such as those typically required by municipalities and regulatory agencies.
Scanning & Indexing
- Large format scanning of archive plans, prints, images, and other documents.
- Large, hard-copy prints and digital archiving are available.